Hello students welcome to msbte news in this article we have provided 22306 Strength of Materials Objective Questions Pdf. This Msbte Strength of Materials Mcq Questions and Answers Pdf is ideal for Students who are in Secod Year of Diploma in Mechanical, Automobile and Prodcution Technology Engineering courses. By referring Strength of Materials Mcqs Pdf for Diploma you will get to know about the paper pattern of Msbte Mcq Winter 2021 exams.
Table of Contents
Strength of Materials Objective Questions and Answer
1. The dimension of strain is?
2. Young’s modulus is defined as the ratio of
A. Volumetric stress and volumetric strain
B. Lateral stress and lateral strain
C. Longitudinal stress and longitudinal strain
D. Shear stress to shear strain
3. A beam is loaded as a cantilever. If the load at the end is increased, the failure will occur
A. In the middle
B. At the tip below the load
C. At the support
4. What is tensile strain?
A. The ratio of change in length to the original length
B. The ratio of original length to the change in length
C. The ratio of tensile force to the change in length
D. The ratio of change in length to the tensile force applied
5. The assumption made in Euler’s column theory is that
A. The failure of column occurs due to buckling alone
B. The length of column is very large as compared to its cross-sectional dimensions
C. The column material obeys Hooke’s law
D. All of the above
6. In case of an under-reinforced beam, the depth of the actual neutral axis is __________ that of the critical neutral axis.
A. Same as
B. Less than
C. Greater than
D. None of these
7. Find the strain of a brass rod of length 250mm which is subjected to a tensile load of 50kN when the extension of rod is equal to 0.3mm?
8. The unit of force in S.I. units ?
9. Which of the following is not the unit of distance?
B. Light year
10. A solid cube is subjected to equal normal forces on all its faces. The volumetric strain will be x-times the linear strain in any of the three axes when?
11. The property of a material by virtue of which it can be beaten or rolled into plates is called
12. The moment of resistance of a balanced reinforced concrete beam is based on the stresses in
A. Steel only
B. Concrete only
C. Steel and concrete both
D. None of these
13. Some structural members subjected to a long time sustained loads deform progressively with time especially at elevated temperatures. What is such a phenomenon called?
C. Creep relaxation
14. Find the strain of a brass rod of length 100mm which is subjected to a tensile load of 50kN when the extension of rod is equal to 0.1mm?
15. The polar moment of inertia of a hollow shaft of outer diameter D. and inner diameter D. is
A. π/16 (D³ – d³)A. π/16 (D³ – d³)C. π/32 (D⁴ – d⁴) C. π/32C. π/32 (D⁴ – d⁴) C. π/32 (D⁴ – d⁴) (D⁴ – d⁴)
B. π/16 (D⁴ – d⁴)
C. π/32 (D⁴ – d⁴)
D. π/64 (D⁴ – d⁴)
16. The center of gravity of a circle of radius 10 cm will be _____________
A. At its center of the diameter
B. At the center of the radius
C. Anywhere on the circumference
D. Anywhere in its area
17. The springs in brakes and clutches are used to
A. To apply forces
B. To measure forces
C. To store strain energy
D. To absorb shocks
18. A rectangle has dimensions of 10cm x 20cm. where will be its center of gravity?
19. A beam encastered at both the ends is called
A. Simply supported beam
B. Fixed beam
C. Cantilever beam
D. Continuous beam
20. Where will the center of gravity of an T section will be if the dimension of the web is 2x20cm and that of the flange is 2x15cm If the y-axis will pass through the center of the section?
21. Where will be the centre of gravity of the following L-section?
B. (19.45, 29.87)
22. A spring used to absorb shocks and vibrations is
A. Conical spring
B. Torsion spring
C. Leaf spring
D. Disc spring
23. The bending moment at the free end of a cantilever beam is
D. None of these
24. Where will the center of gravity of an I section be if the dimension of the upper web is 2x8cm, lower web is 2×16 and that of the flange is 2x12cm If the y-axis will pass through the center of the section?
25. The hoop stress in a thin cylindrical shell is
A. Longitudinal stress
B. Compressive stress
C. Radial stress
D. Circumferential tensile stress
26. In a stress-strain diagram as shown in the below figure, the curve ‘A’ represents
A. Mild steel
B. Soft brass
C. Low carbon steel
D. Cold rolled steel
27. The pull required to shear off a rivet, in double shear, per pitch length is
A. π/4 × d² × σt
B. π/4 × d² × τ
C. π/2 × d² × σt
D. π/2 × d² × τ
28. When a change in length takes place, the strain is known as
A. Linear strain
B. Lateral strain
C. Volumetric strain
D. Shear strain
29. The axis about which moment of area is taken is known as ____________
A. Axis of area
B. Axis of moment
B. Axis of moment
D. Axis of rotation
30. Point, where the total volume of the body is assumed to be concentrated is ____________
A. Center of area
B. Centroid of volume
C. Centroid of mass
D. All of the mentioned
Share the quiz to show your results !
Subscribe to see your results
I got %%score%% of %%total%% right
Strength of Materials Mcq Questions and Answers Pdf
with this Mcq on Strength of Materials 2nd year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Automobile and Prodcution Technology students can practice for their upcoming Winter 2021 exams. In this Strength of Materials Objective Questions and Answers we have selected 30 important questions from previous year papers. you can also download Strength of Materials Notes Pdf below we have given a download link.
We provide regular updates about msbte on our social accounts For latest msbte diploma updates you can follow our page on Instagram @msbtenews and Facebook @msbtediplomaupdates. we solve your queries by message on our social accounts so do follow our social accounts if you have any queries related to diploma and engineering courses.
msbte news.com is created to help msbte diploma students to find study resources, which are very much needed for diploma students while preparing for the exam. msbtenews.com will provide all msbte mcq question bank with answers which are provided by msbte.org.in. with these model question and answer papers students gets a rough idea about paper pattern and marks distribution.