Hello students welcome to msbte news in this article we have provided 22407 Process Control and Instrumentation Mcq Question Bank. This Process Control and Instrumentation Objective Questions is ideal for Students who are in Second Year of Diploma in Chemical Engineering courses. By referring Instrumentation and Process Control Mcq Pdf for Diploma you will get to know about the paper pattern of Msbte Mcq Winter 2021 exams.
with this Mcq on Process Control and Instrumentation Engineering 3rd year students can practice for their upcoming Winter 2021 exams. In this Instrumentation and Process Control Multiple Choice Question we have selected 30 important questions from previous year papers. We have Given Instrumentation and Process Control Pdf Download Link Below Feel Free to Download and Learn.
Table of Contents
Process Control and Instrumentation Mcq with Answer
1. A bolometer is
(A) Used for the measurement of thermal radiation
(B) An element which senses optical input and delivers thermal output
(C) Both (A) & (B)
(D) Neither (A) nor (B)
2. The frequency at which maximum amplitude ratio is attained is called the __________ frequency.
3. The time constant of a first order process with resistance R and capacitance C is 4. Thermocouple is suitable for measuring
(A) R + C
(B) R – C
4. Thermocouple is suitable for measuring
(A) Liquid temperatures only
(B) Very high temperatures only
(C) Very low temperatures only
(D) Both high and low temperatures
5. Very low pressure is expressed in microns (μ), which is equal to __________ mm of Hg column (absolute) at 0°C.
6. For the time domain function f(t) = t, the Laplace transform of ∫0t f(t) dt is given by
(A) 1/2 S3
7. Change of angle of refraction with composition comprises the working principle of a
8. A non-linear chemical system is exemplified by a/an
(A) Isothermal CSTR
(C) Non-isothermal CSTR
(D) None of these 9. Mcleod gauge is used to measure the
9. Mcleod gauge is used to measure the
(A) Point velocity
(B) Flow rate
10. All the thermocouples used for temperature measurement use dissimilar metal
11. Dead zone is the
(A) Same as time constant
(B) Same as transportation lag
(C) Maximum change in the variable that does not change the reading of the instrument
(D) None of these
12. A non-linear system will have __________ steady state values.
(B) More than one
13. The time constant of a unity gain, first order plus time delay process is 5 min. If the phase lag at a frequency of 0.2 rad/min is 60°, then the dead time (in minutes) is
On-off control which is a special case of proportional control, has a band width of about __________ percent.
15. The transfer function for a P-D controller is
(A) Kc(1+τD s)
(B) Kc(1 +1/τD s)
(C) Kc τD s
(D) Kc/τD s
16. In a feed-back control system G and H denote open loop and close loop transfer functions respectively. The output-input relationship is
(A) G/(1 + H)
(B) H/(1 + G)
17. The root locus plot of the roots of the characteristics equation of a closed loop system having the open loop transfer function K (s + 1)/[2 (2s + 1) (3s + 1)] will have a definite number of loci for variation of K from 0 to ∞. The number of loci is
18. Nitrogen gas constant volume thermometer is suitable for measuring a temperature of __________ °C.
(B) < 0
(C) > 100
(D) > 50
19. Which of the following filled system expansion thermometers has the lowest positive temperature measurement capability?
(A) Mercury in glass thermometer
(B) Alcohol in glass thermometer
(C) Fused metal (Na or K) in steel thermometer
(D) Nitrogen in steel thermometer
20. Mercury thermometer can be used to measure the temperature upto __________ °C.
21. Working principle of mercury in glass thermometer is
(A) Volumetric expansion
(B) Pressure rise with temperature
(C) Linear expansion
(D) None of these
22. In a closed loop system, the process to be controlled is an integrating process with transfer function 1/2s. The controller proposed to be used in an integral controller with transfer function 1/T1s. When a step change in set point is applied to such a closed loop system, the controlled variable will exhibit
(A) Overdamped response
(B) Underdamped response
(C) Undamped response
(D) Unstable response
23. The Laplace transform of exp(at), where a > 0, is defined only for the Laplace parameter, s > a since
(A) The function is exponential
(B) The Laplace transform of integral of exp(at) has finite values only for s > a
(C) The Laplace transform integral of exp(at) has initial values only for s > a
(D) The function exp(at) is piecewise continuous only for s > a
24. A typical example of a physical system with under damped characteristic is a
(A) U-tube manometer
(B) Spring loaded diaphragm valve
(C) CSTR with first order reaction
(D) Thermocouple kept immersed in a liquid filled thermowell
25. Temperature of __________ cannot be measured by an optical or radiation pyrometer.
(A) Hot blast (air) from stoves
(B) Molten slag flowing out of blast furnace
(C) Combustion space in boilers
(D) Rotary limestone calcination kiln
26. “A control system is unstable, if the open loop frequency response exhibits an amplitude ratio exceeding unity at the crossover frequency.” This is __________ criterion.
(A) Bode stability
(C) Routh stability
(D) None of these
27. Platinum resistance thermometer can be used upto antimony point which is __________ °C, and is the temperature of equilibrium between solid antimony & liquid antimony at normal atmospheric pressure.
28. In a second order under damped system, the
(A) Time required for the response of first reach its ultimate value is called the response time
(B) Overshoot (which is a measure of how much the response exceeds the ultimate value) increase with the decrease of damping co-efficient
(C) Decay ratio (which is the ratio of the sizes of successive peaks) is equal to the reciprocal of overshoot
(D) None of these
29. Which of the following thermocouples has the least temperature measurement range?
30. Which of the following cannot measure a temperature of 1600°C?
We provide regular updates about msbte on our social accounts For latest msbte diploma updates you can follow our page on Instagram @msbtenews and Facebook @msbtediplomaupdates. we solve your queries by message on our social accounts so do follow our social accounts if you have any queries related to diploma and engineering courses.
msbte news.com is created to help msbte diploma students to find study resources, which are very much needed for diploma students while preparing for the exam. msbtenews.com will provide all msbte mcq question bank with answers which are provided by msbte.org.in. with these model question and answer papers students gets a rough idea about paper pattern and marks distribution.