Hello Msbte Diploma students welcome in this article we have provided 22447 Environmental Studies Msbte Mcq Question Bank. with this environmental studies mcq for msbte i scheme msbte students can practice for their upcoming exams.
22447 is a Paper code of Environmental studies which is common subject for all the branches of Maharashtra state Board of Technical Education. In the below given msbte environmental studies mcq with answers pdf we have selected important question from the previous year environmental studies question paper which is provided by msbte.
With this msbte sample question paper of environmental studies i scheme Msbte diploma students will get a rough idea about environmental studies online exam msbte and you will also get to know about Paper pattern of Msbte Environmental studies.
22447 Environmental Studies Msbte Mcq Question Bank
1.Environmental Studies does not involve:
2. Van Mahotsav is an annual tree-planting festival in India, celebrated on:
A) 2nd June
B) 1st July
C) 1st December
D) 15th September
3. Which of the following global trends is of great concern for the future of our environment?
A) degradation of fertile soils
B) change in the global atmosphere
C) species extinction leading to the loss of biodiversity
D) All of the above
4. Which is true?
A) Oxygen content may not get reduced if forest cover is not sufficient on the earth
B) Forests can be said to behave like non-renewable resources if not overused.
C) Fishes are capable of reproducing at the rate at which they are being caught.
D) None of the above
5. Non-renewable resources, once used…………
A) remain on earth in a different form
B) become waste material
C) are recycled
D) all of the above
6. Which one of the following is an example of non-renewable resources?
C) Coal and Minerals
7. Which one of the following is not fossil fuel?
C) Natural gas
8. _________________ is the major raw material for biogas.
A) Tree leaves
C) Cow dung
D) Waste from kitchen
9. The earth’s surface covered by water is ________
10. What is true of the Ecosystem?
A) Primary consumers are least dependent upon producers
B) Primary consumers outnumber producers
C) Producers are more than primary consumers
D) Secondary consumers are largest and powerful
11. pick up the correct food chain
C) fallen leaves-bacteria-insect larvae
12. Select the correct statement of biodiversity
A) The desert area of Rajasthan and Gujarat have a very high level of desert animal species as well as numerous rare animals
B) Large scale planting of BT cotton has no adverse effect on biodiversity
C) Western Ghats have a very high degree of species richness and endemism
D) Conservation of biodiversity in just a fad pursued by the developed countries
13 The Red Data Book maintains a record of the
A) Plants and animals present in the whole world
B) Relationship between man and biosphere
C) Plants and animals which are known to be endangered
D) Forest wealth in the whole world
14. In a national park protection is given to
A) The entire flora
B) The entire fauna
C) The plants and animals
D) The entire ecosystem
15. The phenomenon of the entry of toxic chemicals into the food chains and more concentrated at higher trophic levels is called
A) Biological control
C) Algal bloom
D) Red tide
16. Bharatpur bird sanctuary is situated in
17. Which of the following is an air pollutant?
C) Carbon monoxide
18. Which of the following is a secondary air pollutant?
B) Carbon Dioxide
C) Carbon monoxide
D) Sulphur dioxide
19. Which of the following inhalations dissolved in the blood hemoglobin more rapidly than oxygen?
A) Sulphur dioxide
B) Carbon monoxide
D) Nitrous oxide
20. Taj Mahal is said to be suffering from “Marble Cancer”. What is Marble Cancer?
A) Acidic Rain which corrodes marble
B) Large number of fungus in TajMahal marbles
C) Yellowing of the marble on account of Soot particles
D) Smokes filling the Taj Mahal from adjoining industries
21. DDT is
A) Greenhouse gas
B) Non- degradable pollutant
C) Degradable pollutant
D) None of these
22. Greenhouse effect is caused by
A) Green plants
B) infrared rays
C) UV rays
D) X- rays
23. How does the biological oxygen demand get affected with the increased presence of organic matter in water?
A) the oxygen demand increases
B) the oxygen demand decreases
C) the oxygen demand remains unchanged
D) None of the above
24. Which of the following devices is suitable for the removal of gaseous pollutants?
A) Cyclone separator
B) Electrostatic precipitator
C) Fabric filter
D) Wet scrubber
25. Which one of the following is not true about the term “CARBON CREDITS”?
A) A Carbon credit gives the owner the right to emit one tonne of carbon dioxide.
B) Carbon credits are a tradable permit scheme and can be exchanged between businesses having short of quotas or below the quotas.
C) These can be bought and sold in the international/national market at the Govt. controlled prices.
D) All the above are true
26. Shifting back to a more localized production of food and other resources would lead to all of the following except
A) reduced local environmental sustainability
B) more stable source of jobs and income
C) more profits circulating within each community
D) reduced transportation fuel use
27. Which of the following would not traditionally support an environmentally-friendly economy?
A) Shift taxes from wages and profits to pollution and waste.
B) Improve energy efficiency.
C) Shift from a carbon-based economy to a renewable fuel-based economy.
D) Decrease subsidies for alternative fuel vehicles
28. Which of the following is not true of watershed management?
A) Watershed management is continuous and needs a multidisciplinary approach
B) A watershed management framework support partnering, using sound science, taking well planned actions and achieving results
C) Watersheds are natural systems that we can work with
D) Watersheds are a type of building for storing bottled water
29. What is watershed?
A) area of land that water flows across as it moves toward a larger water body
B) area of land from which water drains to a particular water body
C) moisture released from clouds in the form of rain, snow, hail, etc.
D) both I) and II)
30. Which is not a treatment measures for watershed development
A) Contour bunding
B) Gravity dam
C) Contour trenching
D) Contour stone walls
31. A sustainable society
A) returns to a more primitive style of living
B) meets the needs and aspirations of the present without compromising those of the future
C) curtails all further development.
D) continues as always and assumes that things will work out for the best.
32. As per EPA 1986, Environment does NOT include
33. 1986 deals with
A) General Powers of the Central Government
B) Prevention, Control, and Abatement of Environmental pollution
34. The minimum penalty for contravention or violation of any provision of the
A) Environment(Protection) Act, 1986 is an imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years or fine up to one lakh rupees, or both
B) an imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years or fine up to one lakh rupees, or both
C) an imprisonment for a term which may extend to six years or fine up to two lakh rupees, or both
D) an imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years or fine up to two lakh rupees, or both
35. The Act also provides for the further penalty if the failure or contravention continues after the date of conviction. It is
A) Rs 5000 per week
B) Rs 10000 per Week
C) Rs 10000 per day
D) Rs 5000 per day
Share the quiz to show your results !
Subscribe to see your results
22447 evs 4
I got %%score%% of %%total%% right
Msbte News Social accounts
We provide regular updates about msbte on our social accounts For latest msbte diploma updates you can follow our page on Instagram @msbtenews and Facebook @msbtediplomaupdates. we solve your queries by message on our social accounts so do follow our social accounts if you have any queries related to diploma and engineering courses.
msbte news.com is created to help msbte diploma students to find study resources, which are very much needed for diploma students while preparing for the exam. msbtenews.com will provide all msbte mcq question bank with answers which are provided by msbte.org.in. with these model question and answer papers students gets a rough idea about paper pattern and marks distribution.