Hello students welcome to msbte news in this article we have provided 22610 Polymer Technology Mcq Questions and Answer. This Polymer Mcq with Answers is ideal for Students who are in Second Year of Diploma in Chemical Engineering courses. By referring Polymer Mcq Questions for Diploma you will get to know about the paper pattern of Msbte Mcq Winter 2021 exams.
with this Mcq on Polymer Technology 3rd year students can practice for their upcoming Winter 2021 exams. In this Polymer Technology Objective Questions we have selected 30 important questions from previous year papers. you can also download Polymer Technology Pdf below we have given a download link.
Table of Contents
Polymer Technology Mcq Questions and Answer
1. Nylon-6, 10 which is used for bristles making is superior to nylon 6, 6 due to its lower water absorption capacity, is a/an
2. Which of the following natural bio polymers are formed as a result of polymerisation of amino-acids?
(D) Nucleic acids
3. Which of the following is an inorganic polymer?
4. Buna-S is a __________ material.
5. Epoxy resin is a polymer containing two or more groups of the below fig. is called epoxide group or ethoxyline group. It is a
(A) Polyamide & an elastomer
(B) Good adhesive
(C) Surface coating agent
(D) Both (B) and (C)
__________ practically possess no elasticity.
(A) Vulcanite or ebonite
(B) Spandex fibre
(C) Polysulphide rubber
(D) Epoxy resin
7. Which of the following has the weakest intermolecular forces?
8. Polystyrene is a __________ plastic at room temperature.
(D) None of these
9. Transistor parts and refrigerator components are 9rmally made of
(C) High density polythene
10. Condensation polymerisation of __________ produces Bakelite.
(B) Phenol & formaldehyde
(C) Phenol & acetaldehyde
(D) Urea & formaldehyde
11. Silicone resins, which are highly water repellent and has good heat resistance cannot be used
(A) As room temperature adhesive
(B) As grease & lubricant
(C) Hydraulic fluid for heat transfer
(D) Resin for lamination
12. Low pressure Zeigler process of polythene manufacture
(A) Employs a pressure of 30 kgf/cm2
(B) Achieves an yield of 95-98% based on ethylene
(C) Produces very low density polythene
(D) Does not use any catalyst for polymerisation
13. Fillers such as zinc oxide and carbon black are added to the crude natural rubber before vulcanisation in order to improve its
(D) Weathering characteristics
14. Cross linked polymers formed from bi-and trifunctional groups in which cross-linkage in three dimensions via few chemical bonding across linear chains occur imparts to the polymer __________ properties
15. Cation exchange resins used in water treatment is made from __________ resin.
(A) Urea formaldehyde
16. Thermoplastic resins usually
(A) Remain hard as long as they are hot
(B) Cannot be reclaimed from waste
(C) Permanent setting resins
(D) Less brittle than thermosetting resins
17. Celluloid is
(A) Cellulose acetate
(B) Regenerated cellulose
(C) Cellulose nitrate
(D) Cellulose acetate butyrate
18. Cation exchange resins (0.3 to 1 mm size) used in water treatment is prepared from __________ resins.
(B) Phenol formaldehyde
(C) Urea formaldehyde
(D) Melamine formaldehyde
19. Tyres are made by
(A) Injection moulding
(C) Rotational moulding
(D) Compression moulding
20. Perspex can be used as a substitute of glass. Its monomer is
(A) Methyl methacrylate
21. Automobile steering wheels are normally made of
(A) Cellulose acetate
(B) Cellulose nitrate
(D) High density polythene
22. Main constituent of cotton fibre is
23. In case of dry spinning of polymers, the polymer solution in a volatile solvent is forced through the spinnerates into a warm air chamber, where the solvent evaporates leaving behind the polymer in the filament form. Dry spinning is used for __________ fibres.
(D) Polyvinyl acetate
24. Glyptal used in the manufacture of paints & lacquers is a __________ polymer.
25. The main use of butadiene is
(A) As a plasticiser for unsaturated polyester
(B) In the manufacture of synthetic rubber
(C) As an anti-skimming agent in paint
(D) None of these
26. Temperature and gage pressure maintained during the manufacture of hot SBR (styrene butadiene rubber) are
(A) 50°C and 3 – 4 kg/cm2
(B) 50°C and 1 kgf/cm2
(C) 250°C and 10 kgf/cm2
(D) 250°C and 1 kgf/cm2
27. Teflon is
(A) Phenol formaldehyde
(B) An inorganic polymer
(C) Polytetrafluroethylene (PTFE)
(D) A monomer
28. Antioxidants are added to rubber to protect it from the attack of light, heat & atmospheric ozone. Which of the following is an antioxidant used in rubber?
(B) Alkylated diphenyl amine
29. Orlan fibre which is used as a wool substitute is
(A) An amorphous polymer
(B) A natural polymeric fibre
(D) Poly-methyl-methacrylate (PMMA)
30. Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) copolymer, which is produced by blending styrene-acrylonitrile copolymer with butadiene based elastomer, is a/an
We provide regular updates about msbte on our social accounts For latest msbte diploma updates you can follow our page on Instagram @msbtenews and Facebook @msbtediplomaupdates. we solve your queries by message on our social accounts so do follow our social accounts if you have any queries related to diploma and engineering courses.
msbte news.com is created to help msbte diploma students to find study resources, which are very much needed for diploma students while preparing for the exam. msbtenews.com will provide all msbte mcq question bank with answers which are provided by msbte.org.in. with these model question and answer papers students gets a rough idea about paper pattern and marks distribution.