Hello Diploma Students in this article we have provided Building Planning and Drawing Mcq Questions and Answer. In this Building Planning and Drawing Mcq Pdf We have Selected 30 Important Questions from Previous Year Papers and Made A possible Set Of Questions which can Help Students in Preparation for Their Exams.
This Building Planning and Drawing Mcqs Is Ideal for Candidates who are in 2nd Year of Diploma in Civil Engineering By Referring this Building Planning and Drawing Mcq Question Bank Diploma in Civil Engineering Students Can Practice for their Upcoming Exams. We Have Also Provided Building Planning and Drawing Mcq Pdf Download Link at the end of the Quiz You can Download it for Future Refrence.
Students Also Search for
Building Planning and Drawing Question Paper ( View Here)
Building Planning and Drawing Answer Paper ( View Here)
Building Planning and Drawing Syllabus ( View Here)
For Free Mock Test ( View Here)
Building Planning and Drawing Mcq Questions and Answer
1) Plasticity chart is obtained by plotting
A] Plasticity index on Y axis and liquid limit on X axis
B] Plasticity index on X axis and liquid limit on Y axis
C] Plasticity index on Y axis and plastic limit on X axis
D] Plasticity index on X axis and plastic limit on Y axis
2) The minimum water content at which soil retains its liquid state and possess small shearing strength is:
3) The minimum water content at which the soil just begins to crumble when rolled into threads 3 mm in diameter, is known:
4) Due to the remoulding of clay the shear strength……………
5) Chemical weathering of soil is caused due to
6) The most significant property of cohesionless soil is____________
7) China clay is an example of:
8) The consistency of saturated cohesive soil is affected by:
A] Particle size distribution
D] coefficient of permeability
9) The soil that will generally have maximum void ratio is:
10) The particle size distribution curve is extremely useful for classification of:
C] Both coarse grained and fine grained soil
11) The plasticity index is the numerical difference between
A] Liquid limit – plastic limit
B] liquid limit – shrinkage limit
C] Plastic limit – liquid limit
D] Plastic limit – shrinkage limit
12) Clayey soil can be better compacted by
13) Overburden pressure on a plane below ground surface is
A] Weight of water over above the plane
B] self-weight of soil above the plane
C] Weight of structure on ground surface
D] The effect of the earthquake.
14) Line which shows relation between dry density and water content containing no air voids is
15) Soils which exhibit high swelling and shrinkage characteristics are_____________
16) Sensitive clays are also called as:
17) Compressibility of sandy soils is
A] almost equal to that of clayey soils
B] much greater than that of clayey soils
C] much less than that of clayey soils
18) Select the correct statement.
A] coefficient of compressibility of an over-consolidated clay is less than that of a normally consolidated clay
B] coefficient of compressibility of an over-consolidated clay is greater than that of a normally consolidated clay
C] coefficient of compressibility is cons-tant for any clay
19) Coefficient of compressibility is
A] constant for any type of soil
B] different for different types of soils and also different for a soil under different states of consolidation
C] different for different types of soils but same for a soil under different states of consolidation
D] independent of type of soil but depends on the stress history of soil
20) The ultimate consolidation settlement of a structure resting on a soil
A] decreases with the increase in the initial voids ratio
B] decreases with the decrease in the plastic limit
C] increases with the increase in the initial voids ratio
D] increases with the decrease in the porosity of the soil
21) The ultimate consolidation settlement of a soil is
A] directly proportional to the voids ratio
B] directly proportional to the compression index
C] inversely proportional to the compression index
22) Coarse grained soils are best compacted by a
23) With the increase in the amount of compaction energy
A] optimum water content increases but maximum dry density decreases
B] optimum water content decreases but maximum dry density increases
C] both optimum water content and maximum dry density increase
D] both optimum water content and maximum dry density decrease
24) The maximum dry density upto which any soil can be compacted depends upon
B] amount of compaction energy only
C] both moisture content and amount of compaction energy
25) Select the incorrect statement.
A] Effective cohesion of a soil can never have a negative value.
B] Effective angle of internal friction for coarse grained soils is rarely below 30°.
C] Effective angle of internal friction for a soil increases as the state of compact-ness increases.
D] Effective angle of internal friction is a complicated function of mineralogy and clay size content.
26) For a loose sand sample and a dense sand sample consolidated to the same effective stressv
A] ultimate strength is same and also peak strength is same
B] ultimate strength is different but peak strength is same
C] ultimate strength is same but peak strength of dense sand is greater than that of loose sand
D] ultimate strength is same but peak
27) The shear strength of a soil
A] is directly proportional to the angle of internal friction of the soil
B] is inversely proportional to the angle of internal friction of the soil
C] decreases with increase in normal stress
D] decreases with decrease in normal stress
28) In a consolidated drained test on a normally consolidated clay, the volume of the soil sample during shear
D] first increases and then decreases
29) Purpose of Measured Drawing
B) For valuation of building
C) For altering or making modifications in existing structures.
30) Purposes of Construction notes
A) To give ideas about any special work.
B) To know materials, finishes, thickness, proportions, etc.
C) To avoid any confusions
Share the quiz to show your results !
Share on Facebook
Subscribe to see your results
I got %%score%% of %%total%% right
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Building Planning and Drawing Mcq Pdf Download
Building Planning and Drawing Pdf ( Download)
Students Also Search for:
First Year Basic Science MCQ (
For Free Mock Test (
View Here) Msbte News Social accounts
We provide regular updates about msbte on our social accounts For latest msbte diploma updates you can follow our page on Instagram @msbtenews and Facebook @msbtediplomaupdates. we solve your queries by message on our social accounts so do follow our social accounts if you have any queries related to diploma and engineering courses.
Thankyou for Visiting Msbte News.
Msbte News is created to help msbte diploma students to find study resources, which are very much needed for diploma students while preparing for the exam. msbtenews.com provide polytechnic solved question papers which are provided by msbte.org.in. with these msbte polytechnic model answer paper students gets a rough idea about paper pattern and marks distribution.