Hello students welcome to msbte news in this article we have provided 22231 Chemical Engineering Basics Mcq Questions and Answer. This Chemical Engineering Basics Mcq with Answers is ideal for Students who are in Second Year of Diploma in Chemical Engineering courses. By referring Chemical Engineering Basics Mcq pdf for Diploma you will get to know about the paper pattern of Msbte Mcq Winter 2021 exams.
with this Chemical Engineering Basics Mcqs with Answer Chemical Engineering 2nd year students can practice for their upcoming Winter 2021 exams. In this Chemical Engineering Basics objective questions we have selected 30 important questions from previous year papers. We have Given Chemical Engineering Basics Pdf Download Link Below Feel Free to Download and Learn.
Table of Contents
Chemical Engineering Basics Mcq Questions and Answer
1. With increase in temperature, the electrical conductivity of semiconductors
(C) Remain constant
(D) Either (A) or (B), depends on the type of semiconductor
2. Laser welding is widely employed in the __________ industries.
3. Which of the following approaches the ideal gas behavior most closely?
(A) Wet steam
(B) Saturated steam
(C) Superheated steam
(D) Saturated water
4. Lap joints are preferred over butt joints in soldering/brazing, because these joints are
(A) Weaker in tension but stronger in shear
(B) Weaker in shear but stronger in tension
(C) Stronger in both shear and tension
(D) The lap joints are easily made
5. Normalising does not __________ of a metal.
(A) Improve machinability & tensile strength
(B) Remove internal stresses
(C) Refine the structure
(D) Remove strains caused by cold working
6. Which of the following hardness tests does not measure the indentation hardness of metals and alloys?
(A) Vickers hardness test
(B) Shore scleroscope test
(C) Brinell hardness test
(D) Rockwell hardness test
7. Gratings is associated with the measurement of
(A) Linear displacement
(C) Surface texture
8. Fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) are
(A) Made of glass fibre and thermoplastic resins
(C) Made of thermosetting resin and glass fibre
(D) Both ‘b’ & ‘c’
9. Water flow in the river during flood can be categorised as the __________ flow.
(A) Unsteady uniform
(B) Unsteady non-uniform
(C) Steady uniform
(D) Steady non-uniform
10. Pick out the correct statement.
(A) Materials exhibiting high elasticity obey Hooke’s law
(B) The elastic behaviour of rubber under compression is the same as its behaviour under tension
(C) The damping capacity of a material is due to its plastic deformation
(D) The stress required to cause plastic flow in polycrystalline material is higher as compared to monocrystalline materials due to the presence of grains of different orientations
11. Which of the following test is used for distinguishing among dry oils, semi-drying oils and non drying oils?
(A) Elaiden test
(B) Reichert-Meissl value test
(C) Hunter value test
(D) Iodine value test
12. Silicon percentage in silicon steel used for electrical equipments is about
13. Window panes of aeroplanes are normally made of
(A) Perspex (PMMA)
(B) Teflon (PTFE)
(C) Bakelite (phenol formaldehyde)
14. Galvanic corrosion cannot be prevented by
(A) Cathodic protection
(B) Anodic protection
(C) Usage of largest possible anodic area
(D) Any one of these
15. Babbitt lining is used on brass/bronze bearings to increase the
(A) Antifriction properties
(B) Compressive strength
(C) Bearing resistance
(D) Wear resistance
16. Ceramic compounds as compared to metallic compounds
(A) Crystallise faster
(B) Resist greater tensile stress at room temperature
(C) Have higher melting temperature
(D) Are better conductor of electricity at higher temperature
17. __________ has the highest melting point out of the following.
18. Air-petrol ratio for maximum power generation in spark ignition engine is about
(A) 6 : 1
(B) 12 : 1
(C) 18 : 1
(D) 24 : 1
19. The most serious manufacturing defect from fracture toughness point of view is
(A) Surface roughness
(C) Spherical inclusion
20. In an amorphous material, atoms defy any definite atomic structure and exist in random pattern just like in liquid. Which of the following is an amorphous material?
Out of the following, the best material capable of withstanding shock & vibration without the danger of cracking is
(A) Malleable iron
(B) Grey cast iron
(C) Chilled cast iron
(D) White cast iron
22. The dew point temperature lines on psychrometric charts are straight inclined sloping downwards to the right. When relative humidity of moist air is 100%, then
(A) Wet bulb temperature=dry bulb temperature
(B) Wet bulb temperature=dew point temperature
(C) Saturation temperature=dew point temperature
(D) All ‘a’, ‘b’ & ‘c’
23. Fatigue limit improvement by over stressing the metal by successively increasing the load is called coaxing. In fatigue failure, the material fails
(A) Below the yield point
(B) Above the yield point
(C) Below the elastic limit
(D) At the elastic limit
24. Addition of silicon to cast iron
(A) Promotes graphite module formation
(B) Improves its ductility
(C) Does not promote graphite flakes formation
(D) Increases the fluidity of molten metal
25. The materials which fracture even at small strains are termed as brittle, while those materials which exhibit an appreciable deformation before failure are termed as
26. __________ is used as a material of construction for the blade of power saw.
(A) Wrought iron
(B) Stainless steel
(C) Mild steel
(D) High speed steel
27. A steam carrying pipeline is insulated with two layers of insulating materials with the inferior insulation material forming the inner part. If the two insulating layers are interchanged, the heat conducted will
(C) Remain unaffected
(D) May increase or decrease; depends on the thickness of each layer
28. Pick out the wrong statement.
(A) Cold cracking of a weld is due to the presence of hydrogen gas in the weld
(B) True stress is given by, σ = σE (1 + εE), where σE and εE are engineering stress and engineering strain respectively
(C) Phosphorous can be easily recovered in the iron blast furnace
(D) High residual stress at the surface is beneficial for fatigue properties of a material
29. The capacity of a spring to store energy is called the spring form co-efficient. Stiffness of a spring is measured by the
(A) Ability to absorb shock
(B) Capacity to store energy
(C) Ratio of the wire & coil diameters
(D) Load to produce unit deflection
30. The elastic strain energy of a unit length of an edge dislocation as compared to that of a screw dislocation is
Share the quiz to show your results !
Subscribe to see your results
22231 Chemical Engineering Basics
I got %%score%% of %%total%% right
22231 Chemical Engineering Basics Mcqs with Answer Pdf
We provide regular updates about msbte on our social accounts For latest msbte diploma updates you can follow our page on Instagram @msbtenews and Facebook @msbtediplomaupdates. we solve your queries by message on our social accounts so do follow our social accounts if you have any queries related to diploma and engineering courses.
msbte news.com is created to help msbte diploma students to find study resources, which are very much needed for diploma students while preparing for the exam. msbtenews.com will provide all msbte mcq question bank with answers which are provided by msbte.org.in. with these model question and answer papers students gets a rough idea about paper pattern and marks distribution.